Having parents at home is truly a blessing. Parents shape who we are, make sacrifices for us and guide us through the ups and downs of life. They support us. They are there for us without even asking for it. In their golden years, it becomes our duty to be there for them and give them the medical attention they deserve. With ageing comes unavoidable health concerns. Thus, you need a plan of health insurance for parents to keep them financially secured and to rid you of your worries.
Medical health insurance for parents entitles them to avail tax benefits and secure their savings. Those who are above the age of 60 years can get a higher Section 80D deduction limit on health insurance premium i.e., up to Rs 50.000 per year, and a tidal deduction of up to Rs 1 lakh, if the proposer and insured in a floater plan are above 60 years old.
What is Health Insurance for ?
With rising health issues that come with age and medical inflation in the recent years, health insurance for parents is needed more than ever. This is a separate health cover that is opted for ageing parents to get maximum coverage for various medical treatments.
This includes many benefits, like daycare treatments, cashless hospitalization, annual health check-ups, and alternative treatments. It also protects your savings during unforeseen medical emergencies. Plans that can be opted for are- an individual plan, a family floater cover, or a senior citizen health insurance plan if your parents are above 60.
Types of Health Insurance Plans for Parents
- Individual Health Insurance Cover: The perfect medical policy for senior citizen parents or individuals with specific medical conditions.
- Family Floater Health Cover: Those with dependent parents at home can opt for this plan that provides coverage for all immediate family members.
- Senior Citizen Health Insurance Plan: For parents who are above 60 years of age.
- Super Top-Up Health Insurance: A plan for parents to boost their existing coverage to get a higher sum insured.
Benefits of Health Insurance for Parents
You can now provide the best medical care for your parents without facing any financial hurdles. With Care Insurance, your parents opt for any planned surgery or get emergency treatment and Care Insurance will settle the expenses.
There is high health risk and more possibility of hospitalization during old age. Care health insurance for parents provides maximal insurance cover against inflation rates. Tax savings can also be availed by claiming a deduction of up to Rs 1,00,000 in the health insurance pay.
Should you Buy Parents Medical Insurance Online?
- Convenient Policy Selection: Care Health Insurance offers a completely digital policy selection experience. It allows you to compare and select the best health insurance for parents.
- Chat for Queries: For all your queries and concerns regarding health insurance for parents, Care Health Insurance is readily available.
- Instant Quote Calculation: Digital and premium coverage calculators help you opt for customized health insurance for parents.
- Secure Payments: All payment options, including credit/debit cards, or net banking are digitally secure.
- Transparent Policy Evaluation: Care Health Insurance’s policy comes attached with terms and conditions for your reference.
- Value Added Services: Along with the online healthcare policy for parents, you can avail other benefits like- COVID and OPD Care, co-payment waiver, reduced wait time, among others.
Mediclaim for Parents- Eligibility
The insured person should be between the ages of 60-80 years to avail health insurance for parents. Also, senior citizen parents up to maximum age of 65 years are entitled to life-long renewability of their health insurance policy.
Some vital documents to be submitted for availing Mediclaim policy are a proposal form, medical check-up report and reports of any pre-existing medical conditions.