What is a minimizer bra? Women’s breast sizes change an average of five times over the course of their life. That means the bra size you wear when you’re twenty won’t be the same you will wear in your thirties or forties. There is a good chance that the current bra you’re wearing won’t fit in few years time.
A well-fitted bra won’t gouge or bruise you when you wear them. The skin will support the breast when you wear the right bra. The pressure points is a factor when choosing a bra.
When you wear the same bra for days, the pressure points will continue to rub and irritate the same area of the breast. This Irritation is caused by rubbing the pressure against the same portion of the breasts. One way of solving this is through bra rotation.
There are a couple of reasons why you need a bra that works with your body.
Your bust has no muscle, and as such you need a bra to provide support for you and when the gravity pulls your breast down as well. The shape of the breast is also determined by the bra you wear.
Most bras on the market are just covers, and you might have to lift your bust on a regular basis to allow for proper circulation, and without proper support, cellular health might be impacted.
For most women, wearing a regular bra should do the trick, but if you have large breasts, you might need a minimizer bra. A minimizer bra can make large breasts look small, so you don’t draw the wrong attention to yourself and feel uncomfortable. Also, when you wear V-neck and t-shirt, your look looks awkward due to the size of your minimizer bra comes into play as it helps make your boobs look smaller. A minimizer bra creates the results by compressing your bosoms, and that’s why you need to be extra careful when choosing them, so you don’t develop a health issue.
Tips For Choosing A Minimizer Bra
1. First, you need to be sure about the brands you want to use. The best brands provide the best results, and they also provide minimizer bras with quality fabrics and good designs.
2. Don’t always go with the first model you come across. You can try out different styles, materials, and sizes, so you have different options to choose from.
3. Choose the most comfortable one. A comfortable minimizer bra should be comfortable, and ti should not be loose either. You need to strike a balance between comfort and looseness.
4. Bra fitting within the cup is vital. Your minimizer bra should fit your breasts snugly into the cups, and the more compressed it is, the more protruded it will appear. The straps should make up only 10% of the support while the rest should come from the bands.
4. Look out for minimizer bras with strong pads in them as this help reduce pain that arises from digging in of strands into the shoulder area. The pads are placed in them to provide comfort. Stay away from non-padded minimizer bras.
6. Some bras come with a center gore which helps the cup stand firm without stretching and also help maintain shape and fit even when compressed.
7. A minimizer bra with adjustable straps can help you make a small adjustment and if it is often recommended you pick one with adjustable straps which make it difficult to pull it for fine adjustment.
8. Though they look similar, you should differentiate between a sports bra and a minimizer bra. Sports bras are created to hold the breast in place to avoid embarrassment during a workout while minimizer bras are designed to reduce the size of the bosom.
Advantages Of Minimizer Bra
So, what are the advantages that accrue to you when you wear a minimizer bra? Well, the first advantage is that it helps hide large breasts. It compresses the breast to make them appear smaller and feel more welcomed. The bra is designed in such a way to emphasize your boobs while reshaping them. This is why it is the most comfortable use for women with large breasts.
The size of the breast also continues to reduce without having to visit a surgeon for a breast reduction strategy.
The third reason is that the front line of the breast is smoothened and the incidence of blouse gapping is dodged. You also get bands and underwire when you purchase a minimizer bra. These two provide support for large breast.
While the advantages of the minimizer bra are quite obvious, let us take a look at some of the disadvantages.
Disadvantages of a Minimizer Bra
1. Since minimizer bras work by compressing the breasts together and making the breasts to appear small. Along with the magic of compression comes unbelievable pain which could affect the flow of blood negatively.
2. Another reason why you shouldn’t consider the minimizer bra is that it squeezes down your breast and exerts pressure on them which could lead to the damage of tissue or vein or any other health-related issues. When you use the minimizer bra repeatedly, you could also find breathing a bit difficult due to the compression in your chest.