They can be house flies and fruit flies. Because they travel through different areas, they act as a carrier of a disease. Some of the diseases they spread are typhoid, fever, dysentery, and cholera. Mosquitoes cause itchiness and discomfort when they bite your skin. In places where flies are mostly found, it is considered unsanitary, and people want to avoid these places.
You can prevent a fly infestation in your home by taking a few steps.
- Keep your doors and windows closed when not in use,
- Avoid keeping your food in the open air for a long time as flies tend to sit on it and contaminate it.
- Wash dirty dishes immediately and don’t keep any leftover food outside.
- Cover the lids of your water-filled bathtubs as mosquitoes can grow in that space.
Cockroaches can grow near any food that is lying down somewhere. They can stay around for a long time. Other than the food, they also attack leather and books. They grow in humid and warm spaces such as the kitchen and bathrooms. They can also be found in drains as they can survive damp conditions. You can hire a power pest cockroaches exterminator to get rid of them from your home.
- After cooking, clean all the kitchen slabs and sink properly. Throw trash daily to keep them from growing in your house.
- Remove paper clutter and cardboard so that cockroaches cannot find a place to hide.
- Seal holes in pipes and drains.
You can find ants in your home most frequently. They might not cause any disease, but they are hard to deal with once they enter your home. When they find any food particle on the floor or kitchen surface, they accumulate at the point in large numbers. They can enter your sugar container and completely invade it.
You can control ants by,
- Make sure to keep your house clean from any fallen food particles.
- When you make something sweet in your kitchen, clean it thoroughly afterward as ants are mostly attracted to sweet food.
- They can intrude your home through a crack in the wall or a hole in your door, so seal them nicely.
Rats can act as a carrier of many diseases. When they invade your home, they can cause damage to your things and contaminate food. They can chew on electrical cables and destroy them. They can damage the insulation of your home.
Here are some cleaning tips to prevent rats from entering your home:
- If you have a garbage bin outside your home, then close it with a tight metal lid.
- Keep your food inside the fridge or in tight glass containers.
- Get rid of clutter from your home so that rats do not have a space to hide.