How to Get Rid of Fleas On Dogs and In Your Home
It is undebatable that one of the disgusting and annoying pests that everyone loves to do away with in every home is a flea. Fleas are external parasites that live on birds and mammals. They fall scientifically under the class of Insecta and the order of Siphonaptera. They feed by hematophagy which is a practice of feeding on blood (this they get fro their hosts). Their size makes it easy for them to be everywhere. It is a fact that an adult flea is about 3 mm (0.12 in) and on average about 2.5mm. This contributes mainly to their invisibility to an ordinary eye vision. With their strong legs, they have the capacity to cover within one jump 13 inches in distance. Their existence depends on the conditions of the environment which must be warm (between 80 to 90°F (26 to 32 °C) with 70 % humidity). If the conditions of the environment are favorable, they have a life cycle of 18 to 21 days. However, if they do not and if there is no suitable host for they remain as lava for months until all criteria are met.
How to get rid of fleas in your home?
Based on the fact that fleas are difficult to detect, the pet in your home can easily make them spread around your home. It is pertinent to have it in mind that when you decide to eradicate completely pest from your home, every angle and the pets around must be considered. You may, therefore, proceed to follow the following procedure to get rid of them in your home:
- Ensure you use the right kind of vacuum to clean the floors and furniture without leaving the tight spaces and cracks untouched
- Get the assistance of a steam cleaner to get the carpets, upholstery and the pet beds properly cleaned. Pay good attention to your pets' lying locations, like cat carriers and lounges.
- Ensure you get all beds including the pet's cleaned in hot water. Get them dried up by heating them. If they are beyond saving, discard them and get new ones.
- The use of chemicals may be required: You may spray with Aerosol under beds and other concerned locations. Intelligently, select an insecticide containing both adulticide and an insect growth regulator. Ensure you follow all the user's instructions.
Get rid of fleas in your house
How long does it take for fleas to die without a host
How to get rid of your pet’s fleas?
The natural Way to Treat Your Dogs Fleas
- Prevention is way better-take steps before they get them. Flea collars are cheap and easy to use!
- treating fleas is not just about treating your dog, you have to treat your house inside and out to
- All you need is two great products treat your dog with medicated shampoo
1) Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic and Antiseborrheic Medicated Shampoo for Dogs (16 oz Bottle)
2) Wondercide Natural Products - Flea, Tick and Mosquito Control for Dogs, Cats, and Home – Flea and Tick Killer, Prevention, Treatment
Don't forget If your Dog Has Fleas than Your House and Other pets Probably have them too.
Fleas removed from their host will die of starvation within four days. Young fleas that haven't fed can live slightly longer without a blood meal, around one week. Pre-emerged adults, remaining inside their cocoons, can enter into a dormant-like state. They can survive for up to 155 days without feeding.********************
Your pet has the highest percentage to spread fleas around. This is one of the reasons you must ensure that they are properly taken care of. You can prevent your pet especially your dog through the use of flea collars. The following are the steps you can take when you discover that your pet has fleas:
- Ensure you clean your pet's bedding often. This you do in hot water. After washing, ensure you dry it on the highest hear set. Ascertain after each washing that pet's bed is pest free.
- Get the help of a dry cleaner. Ensure that pet-friendly chemicals are used in cleaning it.
- Get your pet clean up using flea shampoo. Make inquiries about the best options of shampoo for your pet. This you can do from your vet. Veterinary Formula Clinical Care Antiparasitic and Antiseborrheic Medicated Shampoo for Dogs will do.
- Get a flea comb. Use this to Fitch out fleas from your pet's hair. Comb very well all important areas such as e neck and tail areas.
- Your vet should know better. Make inquiries on oral and topical flea solutions.
- Natural solutions can equally be applied if preferred. This you can do through the mixture of two cups of rosemary leaves and hot water. Use this to clean your pet after it cools down. You can also go for Wondercide Natural Products - Flea, Tick and Mosquito Control for Dogs, Cats, and Home – Flea and Tick Killer, Prevention, Treatment.
How to get rid of fleas in your yard?
One important and considerable thing to do is to know every area where the fleas can be in your yard. Knowing this with help with the fast and easy elimination of fleas. Check every warm, humid and shady place and put them into a notification. Ensure you know where lying locations of your pet; these may be harbor most of the fleas. Follow the following steps to eliminate fleas in your yard:
- keep a clean environment. Mow and lawn regularly. Gather the content and dispose of it properly. Ensure you do not allow the grass to grow tall.
- Ensure every shady area is exposed to sunlight.
- Cedar chips can do part of the work. Spread them strategically at every location your pet regularly lie and other places that may be homes to fleas such as, flower beds, etc.
- You can spread nematodes around to help eradicate fleas.
How long does it take for fleas to die without a host?
The host is a required biological entity for fleas for, without their host, they will die within 4 days of starvation. Biologically, juvenile fleas with no feeding at all can survive around a week. fleas inside their cocoons before their adult stage can become dormant and live up to 155 days without a blood meal.
Why do you need to get rid of fleas quickly?
No one likes to see fleas around. They have the propensity to spread parasites and disease. Fleas can spread inimical diseases such as
- Flea-borne typhus
- Bubonic plague
The infestation of flea may lead to cause your pet to have a tapeworm or may also affect people around.
Foggers are another option, but not recommend if you have little ones, live in attached housing or are trying to keep the treatment natural.
In a nutshell, keeping a clean environment amount to leaving healthily. The condition of your environment is must be totally protected from harmful biological entities of which a flea is one of them. Ensure your lawns are clean and your debris is properly disposed of. Although eradicating them may be disgusting, the result is actually for a better living. The highlighted measures must be taken seriously and advice should be taken at the appropriate places and from the right people.